Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Top stories and other not so top stories

I took a look at the Daily Freeman top posts for 2014 and created some lists for the top news, galleries and features of the year. One of the galleries, Saugerties through the years, was very popular online mostly because of this photo. You figure it out.


The top posts are not to be confused with the Year in Review, which is a nice timeline of regional events.

Talking about top posts, this is my most popular post on reddit:
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ╯(°□° ╯) IRL

That's reddit for you.


Animal news

Science of the day: "Scientists show that drunk birds ‘slur’ their songs" Go home, birds.

Hero of the day: "Victim: Our 'hero' dog disappeared after fighting off masturbating intruder in Bensalem"  There's nothing I can add to this headline.

People news

Jay from 'Serial' speaks for the first time. I'm on episode 5 but I read the whole thing anyway. Part II comes out sometime later soon pretty please.

Newspaper carries have it rough.  Life editors have it easy.

Natalie Merchant was in Kingston yesterday with other fracking foes to celebrate the state ban.

One cat (board):

Follow Ivan's board CATS!!!! on Pinterest.


One Google Glass (board):


Follow Ivan's board Google Glass things I do. #throughglass on Pinterest.

Yesterday's Internet, Today! is a random experiment in which I throw in a bunch of links I tweeted, faved or saw the day before or in the morning. I also post a cat and a Google Glass photo or apparently a Pinterest board I've forgotten I had.